GoldenEye: Rogue Agent
 Goldeneye: Rogue Agent
Going where no previous James Bond™ game has dared to tread, GoldenEye: Rogue Agent™ breaks all the rules. Transport to the dark side of the Bond universe to experience life as a high-rolling, cold-hearted villain.
As an aspiring 00 agent gone bad, you’re recruited by Auric Goldfinger in a ruthless war against Dr. No for control of the Bond underworld. A brutal encounter with Dr. No costs you an eye, but Goldfinger’s technicians replace it with a gold-hued, synthetic eye, earning you the name ‘GoldenEye’. With the ability to customize and upgrade your villain persona, wreak havoc as you make your unrelenting rise through the ranks. Take on globe-spanning missions of vengeance and demolition, cross paths with such infamous allies and enemies as Oddjob, Francisco Scaramanga, Xenia Onatopp, and of course, Pussy Galore. Villains rule in GoldenEye: Rogue Agent
With a radical twist to the Bond franchise that makes the player’s goal to rule the world rather than save it, GoldenEye: Rogue Agent is the ultimate thrill ride through the 007 underworld. Players will cross paths with such legendary allies and enemies as Oddjob, Francisco Scaramanga, Xenia Onatopp, and, of course, Pussy Galore on globe-spanning missions of vengeance and demolition. Players will travel to famous and original Bond locations from the mountains of Switzerland to the streets of Hong Kong and from Fort Knox to Dr. No’s Crab Key lair in the Caribbean. Enemies will react intelligently in combat situations and use the environment to their advantage for intense and unpredictable shootouts
- Build your own personalized villain, equipped with a customizable synthetic eye and physical attributes.
- E.V.I.L. AI engine motivates enemies to react intelligently to your actions and their surroundings to make every shootout more believable, intense, and unpredictable.
- GoldenEye: Rogue Agent integrates single-player, multiplayer split-screen, and online gameplay for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system across all game modes.
- Featured game modes include story-based campaign missions, deathmatch style simulator trials, and objective-based team war games.
- Fight with and against legendary villains and Bond Girls such as Oddjob, Dr. No, Auric Goldfinger, Pussy Galore, and Xenia Onatopp.
- Travel to famous and original Bond locations from the mountains of Switzerland to the streets of Hong Kong and from Fort Knox to Dr. No’s Crab Key lair in the Caribbean.
- Production design by Academy Award winning Sir Ken Adam, visionary creator for the look of the Bond film universe.
- Character models from Rene Morel (Final Fantasy film) and wardrobe designed by Kym Barrett (Matrix films, Titan A.E.).
As with most James Bond games the weapons in this game are mostly Snipers, Pistols, Rocket Launchers and Shotguns. There are grenades available at different points in time throughout the game.
- Mamba Shotgun
Rifles and Snipers
- AR4 Commando
- Longbow SR
- Omen XR
- SPEC 9 (Unlimited Ammuntition)
- Venom 200mL (Fires poisonous darts)
- Jackal .357
- MK2 Detonator (Fires grenades that stick to any surface and detonate at will)
- Predator MG (A powerful Minigun)
- Harpoon RL (Rocket Launcher)
- Magrail (Can shoot through walls)
This game had a very user friendly multiplayer system. Players could unlock addition maps that were fully customizable. Offline multiplayer could support up to four player split screen and could be linked with other consoles on the XBox. It also possessed an online component but the servers for it were shutdown on November 26th for both the Xbox and PS2, due to online inactivity. A few gamers complained, but it was not a big issue as most players no longer played online.
Related Threadsgoldeneye rogue agent deserves the scores - last post by @ Dec 9, 2004
GoldenEye: Rogue Agent - 100% Complete - last post by @ Jul 9, 2008
goldeneye rogue agent vs goldeneye - last post by @ Dec 9, 2004
Goldeneye Rogue Agent - last post by @ May 24, 2005
Goldeneye: Rogue Agent- Info Thread! - last post by @ Jun 21, 2005